Monday, August 6, 2012

Emboss painting

Emboss painting is an innovative medium to craft an image. It’s basically done on cloth. This sort of painting can be a learning step for many budding painters who want to see their paintings on the canvass. This form of painting excites the visual senses as well as it motivates and encourages the sense of creativity within an individual. Embossing generally provides an image with a 3D character by raising the surface of the cloth upwards. I did my first emboss painting 10 years ago.I dont have that painting with me now ..but would make sure I bring it with me when I go back to India.That one was a shakuntala with a mud pot by the river side. I had loved doing my first emboss painting..so I brought my 2nd and 3rd last year.Emboss Painting is certainly the most charming and creative of all paintings.. it has a different feel to it .. a sense of creation .. and pride of seeing things your way. After experimenting on the three pictures now I want to learn embossing on cloth and paper.I would be working on that soon.That way I can do my own designs. The below painting has been done using emboss painting kit . The kit includes the design already printed on a velvet cloth along with colors to paint it and photo of the design. The procedure is before painting is to place the velvet cloth on a thick bedsheet.Make sure that the design is facing downwords.Now iron the top..that is the plain side.Make sure that the iron is hot only then the design would emboss fully. Remove the cloth when the whole design is embossed. Now start painting it with the color combinations of your choice or can go by the one given in the kit.Once done allow it for drying and later frame it.

4 comments: